Friday, November 09, 2007

mindsong

I think the family story goes a little something like this: a long time ago when my sister was little, four or five or something, she asked our mother if she ever got mindsongs, too. "you know", she explained,"when you keep hearing the same song in your head over and over again."


twisty buns

Today was a housecleaning sort of day and instead of brushing my hair I pulled it up into little "twisty buns" and got to work. We're preparing for our first house guest in this new home. It's taken us longer this time to get settled than ever before and even though we've been living here for a few months now, I still have so much work to do. It's starting to look like we live here, though. I mean, like we live here. Not that some random family plopped down. This space is starting to reflect who we are. Slowly.

Last week we made a splurgey, spontaneous purchase from overstock.com: an under-cabinet docking station for my ipod (last year's surprising christmas gift from my husband to me). And so now it's no trouble to blare whatever music strikes me at any moment, without the mess and clutter of discs and such on the counter. (prior to the under cabinet mounted docking station, we were using an old and clunky boombox. wait, are they even called boomboxes anymore?). So if you'd stopped by my house today, you would have found me mopping the floor and you probably would've heard this song:

mindsong

I might be outing myself as hopelessly unhip; It wasn't until after I'd been singing this song to myself for a few days (it's quick and catchy! I'm surprised you're not singing it, too!) that I learned it was featured on a recent Old Gravy commercial. This is probably yesterday's news. But, really, what's not to like about an easy melody sung by a curvy girl with brown hair and glasses?









2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've never heard that song before, but I watched the clip and loved it. It's so sweet and snappy. I didn't find it on Napster though, so that was disappointing because we have a subscription there for our MP3 players and I hate to pay for it elsewhere!

Anonymous said...

I've been posting comments on your blog but just now realized that maybe you don't know which deb this is? maybe you know a lot of them? it's veggiemama, you knew that, right?

Eat More Kale!